The pivot point defines the position around which objects are rotated or scaled. If you want to rotate an object around a specific location, you need to adjust the object’s pivot position.
To change the pivot point of an object:
- Select the object in the Object List.
- Activate any of the manipulators on the Viewbar.
- Enter the pivot-editing mode by pressing the Insert key. The manipulator will look like this:
- Left-click and drag any axis to move the pivot point.
- Press the Insert key again to leave the pivot-editing mode.