Create > Group
There are four ways to create a Group object:
- Use the command in the Create Menu.
- Click the Group icon in the Toolbar.
- Right-click on an empty space in the Object List and select Group from the pop-up menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+G.
The Object List icon for a Group object is .
You can drag and drop other objects under a Group object in the Object List. This way, you can transform objects together by transforming their parent Group object.
To turn off the visibility of a Group, click the Open Eye icon. To turn the visibility back on, click the Closed Eye icon .
Group also acts as a layer for CAD objects.
There are two ways to change the color of groups:
- Change the color of all groups through the Layer color property under Edit > Preferences > Settings.
- Change the color of a selected group by using the color box next to it. Once the color of a group has been changed this way, editing Layer color property will not affect this group.
|TIP: You can select multiple Group objects in the Object List and change their colors together by using the color box of one of them.|