This is the default material for rendering meshes.
You can view and edit material attributes in the Object Inspector after you assign the material to an object.
- Diffuse lets you load a texture file from your disk or choose a color. Before loading a texture file, verify that your mesh has UV coordinates.
- Similarly, Specular lets you load a specular map or choose a highlight color.
- Shininess represents the roughness of the surface. A small value makes for a rougher appearance, while a large value suggests a shiny surface.
- Turn off Smooth shading to display meshes as flat-shaded surfaces.
- Turn on Show vertices to show mesh vertices as small squares.
- Turn on Show wireframe to display meshes with a wireframe overlay. Wireframe thickness defines the thickness in pixels. Wireframe color lets you choose a wireframe color.
|TIP: When you import an OBJ mesh file, we automatically create materials if we find the corresponding material definition file (*.mtl).|
|Prevent spaces in MTL file names. Otherwise, material definitions won’t be imported.|