This is the default material for rendering meshes.
Once a material has been assigned to a mesh, select the mesh and go to the Rendering Options group of the Object Inspector to edit material settings.
- Diffuse lets you load a texture file from your disk or choose a color. You can click the box on the left side to load a texture file. To discard a loaded texture, click the x-button to the right of the box. Before loading a texture file, verify that your mesh has UV coordinates.
- Similarly, Specular lets you load a specular map or choose a highlight color.
- You can use Specular exponent to define the shininess of a mesh. The higher this value, the shinier the mesh will appear.
- Turn off Smooth shading to display a mesh in flat-shaded mode.
- Turn on Show vertices to display mesh vertices as small squares.
- Turn on Wireframe to display a mesh with a wireframe overlay. Wireframe thickness defines the thickness in pixels. Wireframe color lets you choose a wireframe color.
|TIP: When you import an OBJ mesh file, we automatically create materials if we find the corresponding material definition file (*.mtl).|
|Prevent spaces in MTL file names. Otherwise, material definitions won’t be imported.|