This material shows points as small fixed-size squares. Rendering point clouds with this material is very fast, but this comes with the price of lesser quality.
How to Assign Material
- Create a Point Cloud Rendering material
- Select a point cloud
- Go to the Rendering Options group in the Object Inspector
- Select the created material from the Material drop-down menu
|TIP: Read here to learn how to create a new material.|
You can edit settings either in the Material Editor or the Rendering Options group of the Object Inspector.
- Enable Object color to display a point cloud in one color. Use the color dialog on the right side to choose a color.
- Size controls side length of squares in pixels.
How to Show a Model Shaded
With a little trick, you can display point clouds shaded as follows:
- Select the point cloud of interest.
- Make sure that normals have been computed.
- Assign a Point Cloud Rendering material to your point cloud.
- Turn on lighting on the Viewbar.
- Turn on Object color in the material settings.
- Lastly, select the default Flashlight in the Object List, and increase its range and spot angle in the Object Inspector.