You can use this material to represent point clouds as closed surfaces.
Once a material has been assigned to a point cloud, select the point cloud and go to the Rendering Options group of the Object Inspector to edit material settings.
- Enable Shaded to display a point cloud in shaded mode. For the shaded mode to work, Has normals must be enabled. Use the color dialog on the right side to choose a color.
- Size controls the “closeness” of a point cloud. Avoid overly large size values.
- Turn on Has normals to activate normal vectors for better visual quality.
- Back-face culling and Averaging are reserved for future use.
- Enable Smoothing to improve visual quality, but this may decrease performance.
|TIP: We recommend to start with a small smoothness value, and marginally increase it until the desired smoothness is achieved. An overly large smoothness value will blend colors with the background.|