v.4.9.2 Release (June 5, 2021)
- Record camera movement as animation path.
- Introduced linear and constant keyframe interpolation modes in addition to the default cubic mode.
- Introduced easing options for keyframes.
- Added undo & redo support for changing the FPS setting.
- Added the option to toggle overlays in the render video window.
- Added support to move timeline indicator to previous and next frames with arrow keys.
- Introduced the display of frames on the animation path.
- Added the option to change the background color of orthophotos.
- Added the option to generate orthophotos with a transparent background.
- Fixed the issue where the animation path breaks between two keyframes with more than 90-degrees in-between.
- Fixed interpolation issues between keyframes with a very small rotational angle in-between.
- Fixed the issue where changing the FPS setting affected the animation length.
- Fixed an issue that occurred during the cancelation of octree generation.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when opening a new scene in the inspect mode.
- Fixed an issue where assigning a material to an object through the Object List context menu did not refresh the Object Inspector
GUI & UX
- Improved zooming in & out of the timeline.
- Added context menu to the timeline for easily switching between easing options and/or interpolation modes (shortcut available).
- Changed the notation of image sequence file names.
- Added context menu to the timeline for updating keyframes (shortcut available).
- After opening a point cloud, it is automatically selected and its material attributes are displayed.
- Added option to toggle highlighting of selected point clouds (turned off by default).
- The Object Inspector shows the name of the selected object.
- The camera is now animated when focusing on selected objects.
- The camera is now animated when aligning the camera view.
- The camera is now animated when setting the pivot point of the orbit controller.
- The camera is now animated when entering and leaving the inspect mode.
- Added hints at the bottom of the octree generation progress window.
- When generating an orthophoto, a world file is created by default.
- Highlighting the window with the keyboard focus.
- When entering a window with the mouse, the keyboard focus is automatically transferred to this window.
- Checking the validity of project folders when opening point clouds.
v.4.9.1 Release (March 5, 2021)
- Overhauled and upgraded DXF support
- Introduced point count presets in the Render Video dialogue
- Improved x-ray visual quality
- Introduced one-step trial activation
- Added user-friendly dialogues for importing referenced models
- Added new options to Orthophoto window
- Fixed issue with Avast anti-virus software
- Fixed visibility issue of CAD objects (curves and points) in orthophotos
- Fixed point loading issues in the orthographic view
- Removed support for point and text objects in DXF
v.4.9 Release (January 15, 2021)
- Introduced new display modes: Elevation, Intensity, and Object color
- Added customizable elevation and intensity ranges
- Added custom color scales for elevation and intensity display modes
- Introduced x-ray view with automatic exposure adjustment
- Introduced shaded-view for all display modes
- Added option to create new materials and color scales from the Object Inspector
- Added option to render videos in the background
- Improved and stabilized point streaming algorithms
- Accelerated video render speed up to 4 times
- Enhanced stability of Orthophoto generation
- Enhanced stability of Section generation
- Improved viewport rendering performance of selected objects
- Redesigned Editors window
- Added new Color Scale Editor page in Editors window
- Display possible mouse actions in the status bar when hovering over Material Editor
- Added VRAM per tile parameter to Orthophoto generation window
- Restructured octree-generation messages
- Fixed duplicate removal issues in datasets with a large spatial extent
- Remove all resources if the octree generation fails
- Fixed the drag indicator going over the last keyframe in synced playback mode
- Replaced the Previous offset option with the more intuitive Reference option
- Removed support for the beta tiling option in video rendering
- Omitted drawing of arrows for DXF texts
v.4.8.1 Release (October 14, 2020)
- Added support for E57 files with spherical coordinates
- Added the ability to read third-party normal vectors when available in ASCII point cloud formats (XYZ, PTS, TXT). Uncheck Compute Normals to avoid overwriting them.
- Redesigned point cloud opening progress interface
- Fixed several issues with XYZ & PTS reader
- Fixed ambiguity about the use of the SHIFT key in the Camera Animation tool. SHIFT is now used to snap to ruler lines, CTRL for multiple keyframe selection.
- Fixed usability of “Previous and Next keyframe” buttons on last and first keyframes.
- Fixed updating of timeline scroll for “First and Last frame” actions
v.4.8 Release (September 3, 2020)
- Added playback at real-time speed
- Added customizable resolution setting for video rendering
- Added support for different frames-per-second options
- Added support to select and edit multiple keyframes at the same time
- Added inspection mode to view camera paths
- Synched camera view to movements of the timeline indicator
- Added box selection of objects in viewport
- Optimized algorithms to generate smooth camera paths and avoid artifacts
- Updated EULA
- Discontinued FARO LSPROJ support
- Replaced jump-to-target with Set Pivot for camera rotation
- Switched to a new license verification system
- Introduced a 3-month subscription
- Introduced perpetual licensing
- Added window-specific commands to Status Bar
- Overhauled GUI design
- Fixed camera path corruptions caused by two successive keyframes with the same position but different rotation (simulating a head-turn) while in fly mode
- Fixed orbit navigation issues following camera animation operations
v.4.7 Release (June 15, 2020)
- Added keyable actions (cross-sections) for camera animations
- Added adjustable camera focal lengths and angle of views
- Added Render Video presets customized for various use-cases
- Added variable bitrate encoding for video rendering
- Added interactive vertical cross-section tool using two points
- Added ability to define cross-section planes by copying existing sections
- Added option to create multiple sections with predefined quantities and intervals
- Added support for digital terrain models (.asc)
- Added walk navigation mode on terrain models
- Accelerated point cloud processing by up to double the speed
- Introduced a more intuitive interactive preview of cross-sections
- Added customized views of cross-section plane and section preview
- Enhanced robustness of section creation independent of camera viewpoint and data size
- Streamlined the switch to shaded view
- Introduced tiling when generating orthophotos (no need to adjust performance settings prior to the computation)
- Introduced material assignment by drag & drop
- Introduced material assignment through Object List
- Undo & redo support for keyframe related operations
- Added shortcut (SPACE) to play & pause animation preview
- Introduced section export as DXF
- Redesigned Camera Animation window
- Redesigned Render Video window
- Redesigned Cross Section window
- Redesigned Orthophoto window
- Updated Render Options for Splat Surface Rendering
- Introduced default camera objects
- Moved camera settings from Preferences to Object Inspector
v.4.3.0. Release (January 14, 2020)
- Added orbit camera controller.
- Added camera jump tool (transportation to the selected location).
- Added the option to lock orbit center (created using the Jump tool) directly on the viewport.
- Selected objects are now highlighted.
- All object types can be directly selected on the viewport (except reference objects).
- Added support for DXF blocks and block references.
- Added support for importing big DXF files as reference.
- Added progress bar support for DXF import.
- Added local-space manipulation (for Translation, Rotation, and Scaling tools).
- Added the option to freely rotate selected objects.
- Added the option to rotate selected objects along the viewing direction of the camera.
- Highly optimized curve rendering. Now NUBIGON can render thousands of curves in real-time.
- Removed mirroring from the Extrusion tool. Instead, added support for negative values.
- Minor changes in the naming scheme of Object List items.
- Join and Explode tools delete the input curves.
- Curves to be joined do not need to have the same parent item in the Object List.
- Polylines are now joined to a polyline (not to a compound curve).
- Removed master group of imported DXF layers.
- Dragging and dropping objects (in the Object List) does not change world-space positions.
- CAD objects and extrusion meshes are now created as top-level Object List items (without a parent item).
- Axes of the scaling manipulator can be dragged.
- Updated the display of light sources.
- It’s not required to select point clouds before using the Cleaning tool on them.
- Curve control points are now shown as small squares (instead of spheres).
- Added shortcut (F2) for renaming Object List items.
- Automatic focus onto opened point clouds.
- Cross-section tool parameters are now saved within scene files.
- Predefined camera views act on selected objects.
- Added shortcuts for top, side and front camera views.
- Added Tool window for manipulation settings.
- Removed Align and Focus Tool windows.
- Updated Preferences window (Settings tab).
- Redesigned Home tab.
- Enabled Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts (was previously disabled).
- DXF files exported from NUBIGON can now be opened in Sketchup.
- The disappearance of the 2D curve icon when loading scene files has been fixed.
- A 2D polyline is now exploded into 2D lines.
- Fixed pivot-point editing of multiple objects.
- Fixed major rendering performance issues.
- Fixed the issue with panning speed in orthographic camera view.
- Fixed the issue of the non-smooth switching between perspective and orthographic camera views.
- Fixed the issue with zooming speed in orthographic camera view.
- Fixed the issue of clipping scene parts in orthographic camera view.
- Fixed performance issues in orthographic camera view.
- Fixed the issue of show bookmark not restoring orthographic view parameters properly.
- Fixed cleaning of transformed point clouds.
v.4.2.1. Release (October 10, 2019)
- Sketchfab upload now supports octrees with less than 5 million points.
- Added a warning page to the installer about a possible device restart.
- Automatic assignment of surface materials when opening octrees.
- Import switches Home tab to Viewport tab.
- Project Manager no longer switches Home tab to Viewport tab.
- Fixed the issue where annotations colored by the color of their parents.
- Added a warning page to the installer about a possible device restart.
v.4.2.0. Release (September 18, 2019)
- Added the option to edit the text of the selected annotation in the Object Inspector.
- Added Align Camera tool.
- Added visual feedback to set cross-section plane from three points.
- Added Gamepad support (Tested with Xbox One controller only).
- Improved OBJ loader to support non-manifold edges.
- Added exporting point clouds as LAS files.
- Added uploading point clouds to Sketchfab.
- Added support for point cloud decimation.
- Added project folders management.
- Added support for changing temporary files location of the current project.
- Added support for the latest FARO SCENE Project files (*.lsproj).
- Added support for offsetting DXF and OBJ files into local coordinates during import.
- Added support to export DXF and OBJ files in global coordinates.
- Added a button to toggle the visibility of polygons in Surface Modeling.
- Added drawing holes on the selected polygon in Surface Modeling.
- Added support to edit, clone and delete holes in Surface Modeling.
- Added triangulating of polygons with holes in Surface Modeling.
- Added the option to remove duplicate points during octree generation.
- Materials stored as part of a scene file.
- Normal computation is a part of the octree generation.
- Automatic assignment of surface materials is a part of the octree generation.
- E57 scan positions are calculated in chunks.
- Added Home screen.
- Added Visual feedback in surface material settings when point clouds or octrees do not have normal vectors.
- Added custom import&export file dialogs.
- Restructured Surface Modeling window.
- Restructured progress bar of octree generation.
- Fixed numerical issues in cross-section plane definition.
- Loaded 2D sections preserve their planarity.
- Fixed the issue where users couldn’t leave the fullscreen mode by pressing the Esc key.
- Fixed the issue where the progress bar disappeared by pressing the Esc key but the progress continued.
v.4.1.1. Release (June 05, 2019)
- Added generating octrees from multiple E57 files.
- Added generating octrees from colorless E57 files.
- Added the option to skip colorless scan positions of E57 files.
- Added support for the latest FARO SCENE Project files (*.lsproj).
- Added support for MTL (material) files (for OBJ files).
- Added specular reflection support for phong illumination materials.
- Added support for PNG texture format.
- Simplified octree generation settings.
- Change the color of all selected layers simultaneously.
- Change visibility of all selected objects (and recursively of their children) simultaneously.
- Extended selection support in the Material Editor.
- Simultaneous editing of selected fields of Transform Attributes group.
- Progress bar support for mesh import.
- Fixed a crash issue when computing a loft mesh from circles with a small tesselation count.
- Fixed a crash issue when deleting curves.
- Fixed issues when joining and exploding curves with children objects.
- Default materials are always on top of the Material Editor.
- Fixed compatibility issues of scene files (*.na) generated in NUBIGON v4.0.1 and later.
- Save Scene supports point clouds and sections again.
- Fixed a delay issue when deleting many objects.
- Fixed point cloud import and octree generation issues when file extensions are written in uppercase.
- Fixed save scene issues when importing point clouds or meshes into the scene from a hard drive other than the one NUBIGON is installed on.
v.4.1.0. Release (April 23, 2019)
- Added support for E57 files.
- Added exporting screenshots in TIFF, JPG, BMP, PNG formats.
- Added exporting camera animations as image sequences in TIFF, JPG, BMP, PNG formats.
- Added a wider range of offset vector options.
- Improved octree generation, now it is up to five times faster.
- Added the option to force 8-bit colors for LAS files
- Added orthophoto tool (TIFF export).
- Added annotation tool.
- Added exporting annotations to DXF.
- Added the point object.
- Added exporting points to DXF.
- Added the option to jump to the center of selected objects with Focus.
- Every object type can now be used as a parent of other objects.
- Camera animation keyframes are stored in the NUBIGON scene file.
- Rearranged items in Main Menu.
- Added displaying global or local coordinates to Status Bar.
- Added Tool window to adjust parameters of the active tool.
- Improved Console window messages.